It comprises into three distinct legal disciplines:
- PUBLIC INTERNATIONAL LAW
- PRIVATE INTERNATIONAL LAW
- SUPRANATIONAL LAW
- jus gentium — law of nations
- jus inter gentes — agreements among nations
|International Court of Justice, The Hague, Netherlands|
point for any study of the sources of international law.
- The Court, whose function is to decide in accordance with international law such disputes as are submitted to it, shall apply:
Well, I hope USIM will be at one of the three 1st place in this coming JESSUP CHAMPIONSHIP 2011, in UiTM Shah Alam for the National Level & fortunate for the winning team (1st place only) to pursue their battle in WASHINGTON,USA. Hopefully, USIM... INSHAALLAH! Allah stated everything in Lauh Mahfuz regarding our destinies... If HE is not permitting us to proceed, based on our indulgence its okey, We moslems accept it and believe and yaqeen there is a meaning behind HIS determination.
- International conventions, whether general or particular, establishing rules recognized by the contesting States;
- International custom, as evidence of a general practice accepted as law;
- The general principles of law recognized by civilized nations;
- Subject to the provisions of article 59, judicial decisions and the teachings of the most highly qualified publicists of the various nations, as subsidiary means for the determination of the rule of law.
|The Excellencies & Councils|